BrewBlox install

Thanks Bob,
I could successfully run the “fix ipv6” command. Unfortunately, it didn’t solve the timeouts error. I did also tried different SD card without success… Would you have any other solution in mind that I could try?!

Thanks

It depends on what’s causing the timeouts. DNS servers are another common suspect, and you can set your Pi to use (or not use) the google 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 servers.

It seems it finally worked out. After trying few time I finally didn’t run into the timeout… My problem now is that I can’t access the service page in my browser. Neither http://raspberrypi or its IP address get me there. How do I know it got install properly?

Did you run brewblox-ctl up to start services? You can run docker ps to quickly check if containers are running.

If you’re unsure about installation status, you can remove the brewblox directory and re-run brewblox-ctl install. Because docker is installed already, and docker images are stored elsewhere, re-installation of brewblox itself will be much faster.

My timeout issues were actually during the run of brewblox-ctl. It looked like it went through. As seen below:

pi@raspberrypi:~/brewblox $ brewblox-ctl --verbose up
Raspberry Pi models 0 and 1 are not supported. Do you want to continue? [Press ENTER for default value ‘no’]
yes
SHELL docker version 2>&1
SHELL docker-compose up -d
brewblox_myspark_1 is up-to-date
brewblox_ui_1 is up-to-date
brewblox_redis_1 is up-to-date
brewblox_victoria_1 is up-to-date
brewblox_spark-one_1 is up-to-date
brewblox_history_1 is up-to-date
brewblox_traefik_1 is up-to-date
brewblox_eventbus_1 is up-to-date
pi@raspberrypi:~/brewblox $

Here is what i’m getting from docker ps…

Here’s the problem, for both issues.

The Pi models zero and 1 are much slower (timeouts), and use the ARMv6 CPU architecture instead of ARMv7. Docker images built for ARMv7 aren’t backwards compatible with ARMv6. Your containers are crashing and rebooting immediately.

oh wow… I’m quite dumb… For some reason I was thought this Rpi was a Model 3. And that that message was coming because it was detected… Oh well not my brightess day!! Thank Bob!

We’ll probably make that error more insistent, with an explicit .env flag required to bypass it. There are some use cases where you can technically use brewblox on a Pi zero/1, but for that you really have to know what you’re doing.