- User guides: https://brewblox.netlify.app/
- Previous release notes: https://brewblox.netlify.app/user/release_notes.html
- Project board: https://github.com/orgs/Brewblox/projects/1
- Code repositories: https://github.com/Brewblox
Brewblox release 2021/02/03
firmware release date: 2020/11/02
To add some more convenience for anyone using (mostly) unmodified fermentation setups, we added a new widget: the Temp Control Assistant.
This widget replaces the Quick Actions widget generated by most wizards.
The assistant provides a centralized UI for the most common user actions:
- Set Setpoint setting.
- Enable / disable all temperature control.
- Enable / disable the Setpoint Profile.
- Switch between Beer mode and Fridge mode.
This was formerly implemented using Quick Actions.
Temp Control Assistant is built with a more specific purpose, and lets us implement fermentation-specific functionality.
For example, we added a proper confirmation to reset start date to ‘now’ when enabling the Setpoint Profile.
PID configuration for Fridge mode / Beer mode is tracked by the widget. It will automatically prompt to keep block settings and mode settings in sync when either is changed.
This lets you toggle between Beer mode and Fridge mode without accidentally reverting tuned settings.
All Quick Start wizards except HERMS and RIMS now generate a Temp Control Assistant widget.
You can also extend your existing setup by manually creating a widget, and linking it to your Cool PID, Heat PID, and Setpoint Profile.
The Cool PID and Heat PID are both optional, making it suitable for use with heat-only / cool-only setups.
On the backend side, we now support 64-bit ARM operating systems.
Practically speaking, this means you can now flash your Raspberry Pi 4 with 64-bit Ubuntu Server.
The only thing that does not work out of the box is the Spark firmware simulator. We’ll add ARM64 support for this in a later update.
- (feature) Brewblox now also support 64-bit ARM (aarch64).
- (feature) Added the Temp Control Assistant widget.
- (feature) Replace the Quick Actions widget with a Temp Control Assistant in multiple quick start wizards:
- Fermentation fridge
- Glycol-cooled fermenter
- Brew kettle
- Fridge without beer sensor
- (feature) Modified accidental touch prevention in Builder Widget / Layout page. Instead of holding, you now click once to highlight the part, and click again to confirm.
- (enhancement) The Web Frame widget now is rendered at 100% screen height on mobile devices. This matches Graph widget behavior.
- (enhancement) Added Apple Touch icon.
- (fix) Docker no longer warns about unset image architecture when updating brewblox-ctl libs.