Reposting a continuation here from the already-too-long “Breblox Tilt Service” thread in an attempt to separate distinct issues.
Previously, BrewBlox + Tilt on a RPi3: the tilt service runs for a while (10’s of minutes to a few hours) but eventually data stops showing up in the graph. I “assume” that data is not being collected. The reason is unknown. Since data will come back (usually) upon restart of the tilt service, I presume the tilt battery is okay.
On the RPi3 build, I created a crontab to restart the tilt service once per hour. This improved data showing up on the graph, but eventually still ran into an issue with either tilt data still not showing up on the graph or the spark service becoming less reliable. Here, “less reliable” means both tilt and spark services reported shorter up-times than all the other containers). I find this strange since I only restarted the tilt service. Note also that the up-times for the tilt and spark services seldom matched … if everything else was up for 36 hours, the spark might be up for 9h and tilt up for 5h.
Second, just to rule out issues with RPi + bluetooth, I installed BrewBlox + Tilt on an x64 PC running Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. Unfortunately, the same (lack of stability) issues still occur, namely tilt data stops showing up on the graph after some number of minutes or hours.
Lastly, something I found interesting is that I left the whole thing alone for a day and the tilt data started showing up again, on it’s own, after a 14 hour hiatus … data stopped at 02:58 and started again at 20:13.
I’m happy to provide more specific details and/or try other troubleshooting steps. At this point, I’m just reporting my findings in the hopes something makes sense to someone else or triggers a new idea about a possible cause.