Brewometer integration

From the look of the line above, the Fuscas device isn’t working as there are no temperature values being logged from it. You can see the Brewpi values above… However, there should also be a ‘;’ between the null and the 72.0 value above… i.e.:
;null;72.0;1.023;

This could be part of the problem

Thanks Let me ask a more direct question. If starting from scratch today, what can I do to log and display temp and SG over time using RPI and Tilt?
Follow on question - is there any way to use Tilt data to control fermentation temp?

I think if you’re just looking to log and display temp, then you might be best looking at trying to use the raspberry pi to send the data to something like the brewstat.us site (or simply google sheets).

There’s currently no way to use the tilt data to control fermentation temp. You could code something to trigger changes in BrewPi by watching the gravity data, but AFAIK there’s nothing built to do this yet.

Sorry for the delay in replying - not sure if you’ve already solved this?

i’m not 100% sure what’s going on here. From memory my lescan results didn’t come up as (Unknown). Unfortunately I recently moved house and I’m still to unpack my brewing stuff, so I can’t test it for you. Hopefully in the next few weeks I’ll be able to test it.

Any chance of pictures of this and maybe links to parts as I am struggling a bit too see how the pressure is contained and not just leaking if using a grommet rather than the usual bulkhead setup.
Also I have seen the guy behind it post on an Aussie forum about drilling in the place they recommend for the tracking arm at the bottom, where it is thicker and designed to allow for this. Although they say that you should then not use it for pressurised fermentation he mentioned that this was only because they were a little worried about the occasional user making a new of the drill hole; pressure testing afterwards let’s you check the integrity anyway. Just wondering why you went for the lid approach instead after speaking with them and did it mean getting a super long probe?

Just wondering if you were still thinking about a branch approach moving forward? I appreciate from another posting that you have been moving house and have probably been time poor though!

So I emailed the guys over at Tilt about this battery issue and unfortunately, it seems there is no good answer. Here is what they said:
"Chris,
We don’t have a voltage sensor on the “Tilt 2.0”. As an alternative you can use the “odometer” feature that keeps a running clock of how long the battery has been installed for. The data is in the last byte of the advertising string, normally used for measuring signal strength at 1 meter for iBeacon advertisements. Units are in quarter weeks or weeks depending on the type of caps you have (machined caps or injection molded caps).
Cheers,
Marcus"
The color of the actual circuit board in your Tilt determines the version. A green board is V1 and black is V2.
With all that said, I just don’t know enough about “iBeacon advertisements” to even pull the “odometer” value out of my tilt. But maybe you or somebody else that is smart on bluetooth can figure it out.