Integration of ball valve board into the control algorithm?

I bought a brewpi and a couple of the ball valves with controllers. I didn’t realise that the ball valves have not yet been fully integrated into the control algorithm (as far as I’m aware their state can only be change manually by clicking the button?). All I need is for a valve to open when cooling is required.

I’ve tried looking at the code that runs on the spark but I’m not familiar enough with it to know which parts need to be changed. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Even just having the ball valve board work like the relay board would be great.

Long term - I don’t know how high up the list of priorities full integration of the ball valves into the spark control software is?

Thanks,
Rik

This is something I am working on, but have not yet finished. This is my current task on the firmware:
I was busy with better valve support, but then got distracted by diving into React for the web interface.
I’ll pick this issue up again and will release better valve support, including being able to use them as PID output, in October.

Thanks for the update Elco - All updates are gratefully received.