New Setup for Glycol Tank + Pump

Any idea on when multi chamber support will be released?

Regarding the MOSFET board. Is it as simple as this:

Output:

• The first two power connecters should be connected to the 12V power supply powering the pump
  • Channel 1 - Pump cables
  • Channel 2 - Heater cables

I dont ferment any styles that needs heating. Do you use heating to avoid overshooting when cooling? If so, won’t the cooling and heating fight each other from time to time?

you are correct on the cables. you will then have to configure channel 1 for cooling, channel 2 for heating in brewpi.

brewpi manages both heating and cooling, so i never had an issue with overshooting or fighting. my shed can be really cold so i might need heating.

SSRs are available for AC and DC Control. I use them in my setup instead of MOSFETs. It comes down to preference.

DC - DC SSR

Hello,
First post here - this thread is exactly why! I am anxiously awaiting delivery of my 1BBL jacketed conical from Stout tanks, and have been researching glycol systems and their controls. The SSBrewtech system looks solid; but as others have pointed out I can get it cheaper with an included pump:

http://rapidswholesale.com/beer-supplies-draft-beer-equipment/long-draw-beer-dispensing-systems/glycol-chiller-cooling-systems/glycol-chillers/3-gal-glycol-unit-1-3-hp-120v.html

So my thoughts are a BrewPi Spark with three temp probes- Fermentation Temp, Room Temp, Glycol temp. SSR on the fermentation temp control to switch the pump on/off. The Glycol chiller maintains the glycol temp by itself.

And a bunch of tweeking!

Sound about right ?

Thanks,
Steve

Steve,

I am waiting for my SS Glycol to be delivered and I will try to use BrewPi to control the fermentation process. Where you able to set up your system and run it without any temp fluctuations? How many probes are you using for one conical? How are they installed?

Cheers!

Ok - pardon the newb questions - I have basically built my DIY Glycol Fermentation Chiller based on: https://www.longislandhomebrew.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/DIY-Homebrew-Glycol-Chiller-David-Kucko.pdf
I’m looking for some specific details:
Wiring schematic for the RPI/Brewpi Spark v3 to the AC unit. so I in the brewpi (somehow) i set my Temp for the fermenter once that is reached the unit should turn off. What parts do i need? Amazon link anyone?
My Current AC unit that I have has a remote (which i don’t want to use, I want the RPI to manage it. And a circuit board for the temp, fan etc.
Looking for any support / direction would be GREATLY appreciated!