Up And Running but not now

Sorry, I thought someone said there was a fix for some disconnect issues. I thought that might be the Pi issue I was seeing. I’ll poke around, Maybe a hardware issue with the RaspberrPi ??

In practical terms, our software is only a guest on the Pi: all the low-level functionality such as Wifi is managed by the Pi OS.

Could you please run brewblox-ctl log? This includes some system logs that may be relevant.

Maybe a step forward on the wifi. Using my browser I’m getting this now. I’ll run brewblox-ctl and get it to you.

I ran brewblox-ctl log

https://termbin.com/vp6y

and the waiting on data store still when trying to use my browser. I’m hardwired again to the Pi

Logs look ok. It’s a slightly outdated installation, but that shouldn’t lead to problems.
You may want to edit your docker daemon settings to disable IPv6. This has lead to problems in the past, and your router apparently supports it.

To edit, run:

sudo -e /etc/docker/daemon.json

Then copy-paste into the file (replacing current content)

{
  "ipv6": false,
  "fixed-cidr-v6": "fd00::/80"
}

To apply changes:

brewblox-ctl down
sudo systemctl restart docker
brewblox-ctl up

Okay, Did that. back up running…
Spoke too soon… now the network connection on the Pi says
“connection to dhcpcd lost”

Did you set any custom network settings or a static IP? These can be problematic.

You may also want to stop brewblox, and run sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade -y. This will update system packages.

Update just finished and everything looks as it did before the sensor failure !! Time will tell ??? Thanks as always for your help, amazed on how quick you guys respond !!!

Spoke too soon, back to “waiting for data store”…

Is this a wifi failure again? If so, try using the ethernet IP address.

everything looks okay on the Pi, the browser connects and displays this…

If you press ctrl+shift+i in your browser, it will open dev tools. Go to the network tab, and refresh the page. Does it then show any errors in the network tab or console tab?

I see it as active on my network…

Could you please right click on the network tab, save it HAR, and upload that here?

192.168.50.219_Archive [21-12-06 14-20-58].har (119.6 KB)

Since my last post the Pi froze. couldn’t talk to it hardwired or wireless. On restart I can get to it both ways.

Network traffic looks ok. It’s obviously connected at this point.

How old is your memory card? Do you see a more general slowdown when running brewblox-ctl commands?

What if you leave the ethernet connection, and disable wifi?

I’m the one who is using an SSD

Don’t notice any slowdowns

I can leave the ethernet connected for a while, I have it run on the floor of the basement.

I’ll disable the wifi.

24 hrs, wifi off still running as it should !!

If possible, I’d leave it like that. I can only be of very limited assistance debugging wifi-related bugs on the Pi. It’s not our software, so it’s pretty much me googling symptoms.