This is the Spark 4

Sorry for the lack of updates, it has indeed taken longer than anticipated.

We’ll be ready to take orders within a week. Last big things to tackle in firmware were done this week: over-the-air updates, easy wifi configuration and setup of the flexible IO pins on the Spark 4.

Final CE-test for RF immunity, emissions and ESD is on Wednesday. No problems expected here though, as it has been tested before some minor changes. It was planned earlier but had to be rescheduled.

4 Likes

Passive aggressive people are the coolest!!

Take that crap somewhere else man. These dudes work their asses off to give real actual support. Cbpi went dark for two years and left everyone hanging.

:joy::joy::joy:
Active aggressive people are more cooler!!!:rofl:
What’s your problem?

You are free to use whatever platform you want. If you want to use craftbeerpi, you can.
I don’t take that as a threat, @BamBam.

We do work very hard and I feel do feel bad about the delays. But we’re almost there.

The Spark will be sold through the BrewPi store. We didn’t have time to set up a new store too. We would like to revamp it under the Brewblox name, but it’s not crucial.

2 Likes

Hi there. Can you guys explain how the screen is connected to the board?
I might consider to buy it headless, since I already do have a screen.
And how can I imagine the physical connection between the caseless board and the I/O module?
Just by the pins?
I would integrate it in my brewsystem next to the RPI and possibly not need the printed boxes.
Cheers, Klaus

A ribbon connector is clicked into a slot on the board. Be aware that Spark 3 screens are not compatible with the Spark 4.

By itself, yes. If you’re attaching the Spark to DIN rails, every module has its own clamp to prevent stress on the pins.

That’s why they’re optional =)

The Spark 4 is only compatible with the screen that is sold with it. The protocol and connections are not generic between screens. If you meant ‘I have a screen connected to my pi already, which is very close’ then yes, headless could make sense.

On the screen of the pi, you can display the web interface. That’s differentfrom what’s on the screen of the Spark 4, but the same information could be shown.

Thanks for the prompt replies, guys.
As always: an answer given creates a dozen new ones…
I will be checking your page regularly now for the detailed tech parameters (also for integration) of the new Spark, I am very intrigued. Until then keep up your good work.
Prost, Klaus

CBP is up and running but I will sometimes follow this chat and maybe in some weeks the spark is ready to buy.
Unfortunately there is no spark 4 to buy. In the meantime I use cbp and maybe longer.

Good luck.

Quick question: what are the maximum dimensions of the new spark fully equipped with all module options?
Is there a possibility to mount the setup on DIN rails?

I would like to buy waterproof boxes to be prepared for the launch.

Thanks, for the information.

Hi @Elco,
I had read that you were going to place the Spark 4 in the store last week. That is obviously not the case.
I would like to see a little more info so I can plan for myself as well.
I have now helped myself out with another system. But would like to know if this will be a permanent solution.

Best thanks for a new (regular) update.

I hope your little family is doing well.

What kind of wireing should I have on my valves? On the Spark 3 it was designed for 5 wires, is it the same on Spark 4?

Looking forward to the release of your new product! :ok_hand:t2:

Hi @Elco @Bob_Steers, I just discovered the Spark 4 in your shop. It is unavailable. Does this mean it’s sold out already? :scream:

I really hope I don’t get another PS5 experience :sweat_smile:

The listing has been up for just over an hour now. We’ll have a look at what’s going on, but I highly doubt we’ve suddenly attracted scalpers.

Edit: it turned out to be a hiccup in the store, and has been resolved.

1 Like

Congratulations.

Where can I order this clamps? https://store.brewpi.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1800x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/_/d/_dsc6571_1.jpg

Edit: I’ve been informed my knowledge was out of date, and that we nowadays have a separate store entry: IDC plug to connect actuators to the Spark 3 (set of 4)

When will the paid goods be shipped? The goods were paid on 07.09. Current status is “processing”

The first batch of orders, including yours, was handed over to FedEx today.

2 Likes

@Bob_Steers, any luck getting the tilt to play nice with the spark 4?

Tilt support on the Spark itself is on the backlog, but I can’t predict when we’ll get around to it.